San Diego Go Club
Twiggs Coffee House
4590 Park Blvd
San Diego, CA 92116
If you don't know how to use http://www.mapquest.com give Twigg's a call at (619)296.0616!
Players start slapping stones each Tuesday at around 7pm and count them before 11pm.
Newcomers and those wanting to learn to play Go are always welcome.
- The San Diego Go Club has suspended Tuesday night gathering until the pandemic is over. BUT there is a gathering on Tuesday as form 7-11 p.m. on KGS in the San Diego Go Club room. There is also a Discord gathering at the same time for an audio and visual gathering. All welcome.
- The 9th annual San Diego Go Championship and the 2020 California Pair-Go Championship took place online this summer. Yixian Zhou 6.3-dan won the Open and was also half of the winning Pair-Go (Rengo)team with Seowoo Wang 5.1-dan.
- Congratulations to Evan Lin 7.9-dan, for winning the 2019 California Go Championship. The 2020 California State Go Championship may have to be online due to the Virus.
- The 2019 California State Go Championship will be hosted by the San Diego Go Club the weekend after Thanksgiving. See below for more details.
- Thanks to Moonsong Choi, a 6P Korean Professional Go player for attending the 2013 San Diego Spring Go Soiree.
- Thanks, Jason Keri for hosting Go night on July 4th, 2005 and for the pizza! My heart grows larger towards this warm group everyday! Movado
- Jie Li visited the San Diego Go Club on 05/30/05 and commented on game that won for him the NAmerican open last year. It was a very informative lecture. Go Jie Li - we're rooting for you! If you would like the sgf file with his comments, email: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Now that meetings have moved to Tuesdays, JoazBanbeck is showing up.
- 11 04 2019: See https://www.goclubs.org/ for go pro lectures upcoming. Both Hai Li and Yilun Yang will be conducting go classes in November 2019 and January 2020.
San Diego Go Club on KGS
Our club room is located under Rooms >> Roomlist >> Clubs >> San Diego Go Club.
As of August 2020, the San Diego Go Club is alive and well... (meeting at Twiggs Coffee Shop on Tuesdays from 7-11 p.m. suspended until after the virus is gone, but meeting on KGS in the San Diego Go Club room during the same day and time). There are a lot of players and a wide range of skill levels from a 9-dan Korean professionals to total beginners. Free instruction is always available.
The San Diego go Club will be hosting the 2nd annual California State Go Championship on Saturday and Sunday, November 30 and December 1, 2019 at the San Diego Chess Club in Balboa Park. Over $1,000 in prize money. The best record by a California resident will be crowned 2019 California Go Champion. There will also a youth (U16) Boy Champion and a Girl Champion. More information and directions are at " https://www.goclubs.org".
The San Diego Go Club hosted the 2017 U.S. Go Congress at the Town and Country Resort from July 23-28. More the 500 attendees participated.
Members of the SDGC have been showing up at the UCSD Go club on Fridays at the Price Center.
Members of the San Diego Go Club also attend the go gatherings of the Carlsbad Go club on Sunday evenings. ( As of fall, 2019, at Vinaka cafe, 4-8pm )
Further information can be gotten from Ted Terpstra at 619/384-3454 (email@example.com) 20191104