Go server for the future
What would we like the ideal go server to be able off?
Now (august 2011) there are different online [go servers and [turn-based go servers].
All have some good things in them but unfortunately all are also missing some other options that i guess users would like.
This is just a kind of general forum where you can put your wishes for any go server for the future. This page is not to promote some existing program (there are other pages for this purpose) but to come with one big user wishlist for go software writers.
But if you have seen an option in a program and think it would be a good addition to other go programs add it here. (and if it is a rare addition give the name of the program as well)
The setup of this page is a bit thematic. please add it under the appropriate heading. (or create a new heading for it)
- Designing A Go Server (old page)
- Massively Multiplayer Online World For Go (old page)
- Wishlist Index for wishlists for diferend go servers
- Go software for the future for a similar page on Go programs
|Table of contents|
- Board Display
- having just a board on screen but toggle to a more containing format easily
- chose between different board appearances
- as in Simultaneous Go, have all the boards visible on one page for the player playing them all. Be able to zoom in to one of them when needed.
- avatars for the players
- Have a waiting room.
- Time systems be able to choose of the many different time systems
- be able to play online and turn based games on the same server.
- scoring end positions under different rule sets, and be able to change the rule sets in games, (for correcting mistakes ed) (as Many Faces of Go)
- possible to chose between different engines for score evaluation
- show assumed dead stones
- toggle status of assumed dead stones (as Many Faces of Go)
- giving information how the score is reached (not just white wins by 2.5 points but also how many territory for each player, captured stones ed.) (as Many Faces of Go)
- be able to play as gobot
- Lots of professional games to download.
- an option to do tsumego
- be able to download sgf's
- be able to upload sgf, s for conditional moves
- multi language support. (not everybody speaks English)
- supporting all OS
- linking to Sensei's Library for go terms