Eggplant's personal page.
Hi. I like Go. I'm around 5k.
ASR league Delta (mosh pit!!)
1986-2003: learned rules, sporadic playing with random people like Dad
- Games played: about 15
- strength: 15k?
2007, I learned with Jing when he visited. I felt I got a lot stronger due to having a "rival." Would have been more efficient if we kept playing.
- Games played: 15
- strength: 12-10k?
2008-2009: met Greg. Pretty much only played with Greg, but was very eye-opening to finally meet a high-dan player. Also met Jin, Andrew, and Ssam, though didn't have time to play.
- Games: 11. At this point started saving all games as sgf, which was very helpful.
- strength: 10k-9k?
- introduced to Lessons in the Fundamentals of Go
- started reading Sensei's Library
2010: met Adam, Alexis, Dan. Attended Guo Juan workshop:
- games: 39 (In retrospect, this is key to improvement =D Games take so long though... hard to fit in schedule)
- started doing tsumego, though not too much.
- strength: 7k?
- went to first tournament (MIT) as 7k. Result: 1-3.
- Study: finished books such as Attack and Defense, Second Book of Go,
11/2010 - 2/2011: hiatus due to project
2/2011 - 5/2011 restarted training program, mostly via advice of Alexis and Dan
- started to play ranked games on KGS
- games: 66 (again, the observation is that games = improvement =D) Games are time-consuming though.
- KGS ranking 6k (4/22/2011)
- KGS ranking 5k (5/13/2011)
- great help: Wang Yuan's video lectures on fundamentals. Asking self the reason of fundamental moves was really helpful.