Computer Go terms
If you read an article on computer go you will usually be confronted by many new terms. This list is here to give you a quick indication on what they mean. Please add if you can.
- Alpha beta: type of search strategy
- AMAF (All Moves as First)
- MC (Monte Carlo): reference to random play
- MCTS (Monte Carlo applied to Tree search?)
- playout: a sequence of light(random) or heavy(biased) plays generated for both players until the end of the game.
- RAVE (Rapid Action Value Estimation)
- UCB (Upper Confidence Bound)
- UCT (Upper Confidence bound appied to Trees)