Community advertisements on SL
Sensei's Library provided Go community service providers with the ability to be profiled through SL by means of including a randomly selected picture from the pool of providers and displaying the picture advertisement on the left hand yellow bar of its pages. Here is a mock-up of an SL page with a picture: http://senseis.xmp.net/files/sl-ads-mockup.png.
Here is an overview of the Go community service providers which are profiled through SL.
If you are a Go community service provider and you would like your picture advertisement to be featured on SL, please contact Arno or Morten (see template below).
Please bear the following in mind:
- You must provide a service to the Go community. No unrelated pages are accepted.
- The service may be of commercial nature
- Profiling on SL is free for all providers
- Up to five pictures per provider can be profiled through SL.
- The pictures can be changed upon request
- A picture must not be larger than 120 pixels wide by 400 pixels high.
- The picture must not be larger than 15KB.
- Acceptable formats are GIF, PNG, JPG.
- Pictures must not be animated.
- The SL admins may decide not to accept certain pictures and/or providers, and although you are free to discuss this with them, their decision is final.
- Registered SL users will be able to select not to be presented with the profiled pictures.
- SL accepts no responsibility nor does it provide any warranty for the placement, visibility or randomness of pictures shown on the normal SL pages.
- Currently active pool of providers
- Advertising on SL
Your email should have the subject line "SL community ad request" and be emailed to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. It should contain:
Name of provider: URL of provider: Name of contact: Email address of contact:
For each picture
URL of destination: Short description of service:
: the random function makes sure each provider gets the same share of views, i.e. five pictures don't give you five time as much views as one picture.