321go is a multilingual website (Dutch, English, French, German, Portugese and Swedish) for beginning go players.
from the website:
What is 321Go.org about?
The website 321Go.org has the following aims:
- attract potential players and make them interested in the game of Go.
- provide facilities to these novice go players to keep them interested
- provide challenging material to make them increasingly fascinated by the game of Go.
- provide Go players of all ranks with study material and personal coaching to help them to reach an intermediate level.
In order to realize these aims a special taskforce has been established: the 321Go project team consisting of:
- Jan van der Steen - GoBase IT solutions, representing IGS-PandaNet? and coach
- Wim Berkelmans - former boardmember of the Dutch Go Association, author of go workbooks and coach
- Hans Mugge - Design, UX Designer
- [Allard Köster -former chairman Dutch Go Association - Support, Coach, News (e-mail 321GoAllardKoster@gmail.com).
The website 321Go.org will serve as the central place to attract and host a new generation of Go players, a generation who meets, learns and plays Go on the internet.
Meanwhile, plans are in the pipeline to establish school programs in order to actively spread the game of Go by using the facilities and infrastructure of the 321Go.org website.
PandaNet will develop a special go server and client to support the members of 321Go. Using this server games can be played and online coaching can be provided.
Using the PandaNet go server, national tournaments between schools and centralized community meeting and study days are a logical consequence once enough critical mass has been achieved.
Status 2013-11-15: 321go.org has been offline due to a weak firewall. It was decided to keep the site open only for residents in the Netherlands.
Status 2014-06-01 Jan van der Steen a high skilled programmer rebuild the firewall and now the site is again available for the whole world. At June 6th the power supplier does some maintenance, so the site is out of the air for some hours.