So you want to play Go Level 1
Difficulty: Beginner Keywords: Books & Publications
The first level in the "So you want to play Go?" series is intended for beginner players or anyone who is within the 30 - 20 kyu range. The book gives an introduction to the rules, discusses Life and Death, fighting, examples of play on a 9 x 9 board, and also an introduction to basic shapes. The book has 50 tsumego problems in the back to practice with, and also has a wealth of information on the culture of the game itself.
Table of Contents:
- Chapter 1: Beginnings
- Chapter 2: Play shape like a pro!
- Chapter 3: Introductory Life and Death
- Chapter 4: Fighting and Tesuji
- Chapter 5: Let's Play!
- Chapter 6: An Introduction to the End Game
- Chapter 7: Professional Play
- Chapter 8: The Big Board