One Colour Go On KGS
Here are some quick instructions on how to play one colour go on KGS.
- Start a Teaching Game (any size you like)
- White should be the stronger player
- Black plays the first stone as normal
- White presses Ctrl-T (Control and T) this takes control of the Game in Teaching Mode.
- White holds down Shift and Ctrl and clicks (anywhere) on the board - this changes the colour of the stone about to be played to black.
- White now clicks on the board to play a stone
- White passes Control to Black by pressing Ctrl-G (Control and G)
- Now we cycle until the game ends
- Black holds down Shift and Ctrl and clicks (anywhere) on the board - this changes the colour of the stone about to be played to black.
- Black now clicks on the board to play a stone and presses Ctrl-G
- To remove captured stones use the Edit Tool.
TimK: I don't think this will work very well - the whole point of playing one-color go on the computer is that it knows when stones are captured, and can remember which stones belong to which player. Doing it this way, there's no way to resolve disputes.
IanDavis: I think the object of playing One Colour Go is to have fun. On a computer at least you can keep track of which stones were played where. By selecting number all moves you can quickly reconstruct the game on a new demo board and settle all disputes. I have enjoyed several games online like this.
Johnboy?: Why dont we just settle all this and move to have the KGS creator make a game type called One Color Go or something similar to that. IF more people comment about the same thing then Im sure the creator will be more motivated to create the game type for us users.