New Go Proverbs Illustrated
Describe book here
- To attack, play away; to defend, play close
- Answer contact with hane
- The "Knight's Move," key to attack and defense
- Live in gote, die in sente
- Avoid enclosures
- Connectivity wins games
- Sector lines are key to attack & defense
- Be first to play in front of a shimari
- "The five liberty criterion"
- To extend, jump!
- The third line has special properties
- Don't peep if a cut succeeds
- Capture the cutting stone(s)!
- Capture a ladder as soon as feasible
- Abandon stones with poor prospects ASAP
- Use thickness for attack, not territory
- Stay away from thickness
- Urgent moves before big moves!
- "Good shape" is the key to victory
- Invade if feasible, otherwise reduce
- Reduce opponent's territory early
- Conserve your aji
- Think globally, not just locally
- Seek multi-purpose moves
- Flexibility wins games!
- Appendix 1 - Glossary of Key Japanese Go Terms
- Appendix 2 - Ratings and Handicaps
to be added