Go, The World's Most Fascinating Game
Go, The World's Most Fascinating Game published in February 1973 by the Nihon Ki-in comprises two small, slim volumes (21cm x15cm, and 95 pages each). Volume 1 is titled Introduction; volume 2 is titled Basic Techniques. Neither volume appears to contain material that is not covered elsewhere.
The second printing was published in 2003. It combines the two volumes into a book with 189 pages and includes a preface by the Nihon Ki-in.
- Preface, 5
- Introduction: The Fascination of Go, 7
- Chapter 1: What Go is Like, 19
- Chapter 2: First Steps in Go Techniques, 33
- Chapter 3: An Example Game by Beginners, 85
II. Basic Techniques
- Chapter 4: Fuseki-The Opening Stage, 99
- Chapter 5: Relationships Between Stones, 119
- Chapter 6: Fighting Techniques, 139
- Chapter 7: Life and Death
- Chapter 8: Endgame
- Chapter 9: Common Knowledge
to be added