The Congress will be held between July 27th - August 11th 2013 at the University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn. We expect that the European Go Congress 2013 will attract 1000 players from more than 30 countries. We look forward to the arrival of go players not only from Europe but also from Asia - the cradle of this oldest strategic game. During the EGC 2013, as usually, a number of attractions await the participants: go tournaments, computer go tournaments, Go Science Conference, many sports events and numerous tourist attractions.
Our main concern is to prepare the Congress so that there would be:
- cheap accommodation;
- 5 minute walk between the places of accommodation and the main Congress venue;
- an integration area for night play (two pubs with Go boards);
- a lot of entertainment for your family members who are not interested in the game of Go;
- a vast amount of attractions and tourist events;
- a rich repertoire of evening and night attractions.
On our website you will find information about the Congress and the city of Olsztyn (located in Warmia and Mazury which is called the Land of Thousand Lakes). Also, you will find further information about accommodation, price lists or tourist attractions.
We are going to update the website gradually. so stay tuned.
See you in Olsztyn!
57th European Go Congress Team