Here are some sources of game records, of varying sizes and quality.
|Table of contents|
- BiGo - more than 1,500,000 games. About 50,000 of them are professional. Subscriptions available for updates. Proprietary format with possibility of export to SGF.
- Go Assistant - 33,100 pro games. Main web site is in Chinese, but there is a small English language site also.
- GoGoD - over 74,000 pro games (as of Winter 2012) all in sgf format and massive (hundreds of browser-ready pages) encyclopedia with player profiles, tournament info, Go history, and many other articles, from John Fairbairn and T Mark Hall. Additionally ships with Kombilo and other programs. SGF format.
- MasterGo - 50,405 pro games as of January 2010. Free games updates. Proprietary format, individual games can not be exported to SGF, importing SGF games is supported.
- SmartGo - 50,744 professional games as of July 2010. Free updates to both program and database. Proprietary format, but individual games can be exported to SGF.
- GoBase.org - A searchable collection of 35,000 pro games, along with articles, biographies, and too many other features to list here. One of the definitive online Go resources. Non-commercial, limited downloading, paid registration required. SGF format.
- Go4Go - 33,000 pro games as of April 2013. All games freely viewable online. Limited downloading. For a small fee new games can be delivered through e-mail and the entire database may be downloaded. Also hosting an archive of commented games by Alexandre Dinerchtein. SGF format.
- GoKifuCom - Rapidly growing sgf database,pro games are updated daily. Allow to store favorites, easy way to share in blogs,forums , print game records .
- Fuseki Info - Online version of BiGo Assistant Profi (65,000 pro games). Free account with database of >2 500 games. Premium account is commercial, yearly subscription.
- Fuseki Info for KGS Go Server - Online database of KGS Go Server games (77,000 strong ama games). Free.
- Go Game World - Over 1,000 commented pro games. Commercial, yearly subscription. Associated with weiqi.tom.com.
- WeiqiBase.net Online database to search for positions and patterns in pro games.
- Waltheri's go pattern search - position search in extensive database of pro games.
List of databases with commented games (most other databases contain games without comments)
- Go teaching ladder: free amateur games with commentaries
- Go game world: paid registration required. Professional games with comments from (other) professionals
- GoGameGuru : free commentary on professional games
See also: Commented Professional Games
- Andries Brouwer's collection - 1,111 pro games from other sources in SGF format. Public domain.
- Byheart - Around 1,500 pro games in SGF format. Complete games of Go Seigen, among others.
- DespreGo Not strictly a database, but contains a list of games played by top Romanian players
- Eidogo contains many game records, but not collected into a database format
- Flygo - In Chinese.
- Friday Night Files - Jan van Rongen's collections, 2,000+ pro games, mostly involving Cho Chikun or Yamashita Keigo.
- Josekipedia Contains a list of pro games which are entered by hand by readers
- Michael's SGF Repository - Collection of top European amateur games (and possibly others, contributions welcome). SGF Format.
- Scryer's Yi Se-tol Site - Aims to collect the complete games of Yi Se-tol, with 368 games currently available. Part of Go4Go.
- Ulrich Goertz's SGF Game Records - High dan level amateur games from KGS, used with permission.
- Use this link to search the Google RGG archives for posted (sometimes commented) games : http://groups.google.com/groups?q=GM%5B1%5D+group:rec.games.go
- Dariush : http://ricoh51.free.fr/indexeng.htm
- Deepthinkgohelper http://www.deepthinkgohelper.com Chinese program with 22,000 professional games.
- Drago : Windows freeware. Client to libkombilo library which provides all database features from Kombilo.
- Go Game Assistant http://www.go-assistant.com/english/index.htm : A comprehensive tool for Go games. It contains a total of 56,877 professional games and 4,372 joseki. It can help you play, study Go games, comment a game with reference inserts, play online, record, print, manage Go files, convert different formats, and it even includes coaching courses.
- Kombilo : Database software for studying saved games. Integrated in GoGoD and Drago.
- MasterGo : Search engine designed for joseki / fuseki study complete with a proprietary game database.
- SGF Shell Extension? http://www.gomasch.de/sgfshellex : Extension for MS-Explorer to display and sort SGF game infos
- sgftocsv.py : Small script that reads out infos from sgf files in a directory recursively and generates a csv table (Comma Separated Values) which can be read by as good as all spreadsheet programs and can be imported into databases.
- SmartGo : Instant game filter, fuseki and joseki matching, free pattern matching.
- FusekiLibrary : A free opening library that uses pattern matching for instant search results.