Here are some sources of game records, of varying sizes and quality.
|Table of contents|
- BiGo - Roughly 2,500,000 games (as of September 2014). About 95,000 of them have a professional, the remaining are amateurs and bots. Subscriptions available for updates. Proprietary format with possibility of export to SGF.
- GoGoD - over 82,300 pro games (as of Winter 2014) all in sgf format. Prior to the Winter 2013 release, it also included a massive (hundreds of browser-ready pages) encyclopedia with player profiles, tournament info, Go history, and many other articles. GoGoD comes from John Fairbairn and, prior to his death, T Mark Hall. Previously shipped with Kombilo and other programs. SGF format.
- SmartGo - 60,144 professional games as of June 2013. Free updates to both program and database. Proprietary format, but individual games can be exported to SGF.
- GoBase.org (asleep since 2009, with a large update end 2015) - A searchable collection of 88,642 pro games, along with articles, biographies, and too many other features to list here. One of the definitive online Go resources. Non-commercial, limited downloading, paid registration required. SGF format.
- Go4Go - 58,526 pro games as of October 27, 2016. Updated daily. All games freely viewable online. Limited downloading. For a small fee new games can be delivered through e-mail and the entire database may be downloaded. Also hosting an archive of commented games by Alexandre Dinerchtein. SGF format. Free registration required.
- GoKifuCom - Rapidly growing sgf database,pro games are updated daily. Allow to store favorites, easy way to share in blogs,forums, print game records.
- Fuseki Info - Online version of BiGo Assistant Profi (about 100,000 pro games). Free account with database of >2 500 games. Premium account is commercial, yearly subscription.
- Fuseki Info for KGS Go Server - Online database of KGS Go Server games (77,000 strong ama games). Free.
- Go Game World - Over 1,000 commented pro games. Commercial, yearly subscription. Associated with weiqi.tom.com.
- Waltheri's go pattern search - position search in extensive database of pro games.
- Hactar Go - Android application, full version offers position and text search from over 90000 pro games and 110000 amateur games. Free has small database.
List of databases with commented games (most other databases contain games without comments)
- Go teaching ladder: free amateur games with commentaries
- Go game world: paid registration required. Professional games with comments from (other) professionals
- GoGameGuru : free commentary on professional games
See also: Commented Professional Games
- Andries Brouwer's collection - 40,000 Japanese pro games in SGF format. Public domain.
- Badukmovies - A collection of about 50k pro games in sgf format. This collection is in the public domain, use it however you want to.
- 70k SGF Game Records - Another public domain pro games collection: 35k games from the 21th century (up to July 2014), 27k from the 20th, and the rest is older or undated.
- DespreGo Not strictly a database, but contains a list of games played by top Romanian players
- Eidogo contains many game records, but not collected into a database format
- Flygo - In Chinese.
- Friday Night Files - Jan van Rongen's collections, 2,000+ pro games, mostly involving Cho Chikun or Yamashita Keigo.
- Josekipedia Contains a list of pro games which are entered by hand by readers
- Ulrich Goertz's SGF Game Records - High dan level amateur games from KGS, used with permission.
- No Name Go Server Game Records - Collection of around 435k games played on No Name Go server from from 07/1995 until 05/2005.
- Online Go Game Records - Collection of around 760k games played on online-go.com until 20.9.2014.
- Use this link to search the Google RGG archives for posted (sometimes commented) games : http://groups.google.com/groups?q=GM%5B1%5D+group:rec.games.go
- Qibago http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/qibago/cecf390b-311e-40f9-b870-f0cdcc53d94a : Windows Phone 8 free app containing more than 40,000 professional matches.
- Dariush : http://ricoh51.free.fr/indexeng.htm
- Deepthinkgohelper http://www.deepthinkgohelper.com Chinese program with 22,000 professional games.
- Drago : Windows freeware. Client to libkombilo library which provides all database features from Kombilo.
- GoWrite : Like other sgf editors GoWrite allows creation of a database
- Kombilo : Database software for studying saved games. Integrated in GoGoD and Drago.
- SGF Shell Extension? http://www.gomasch.de/sgfshellex : Extension for MS-Explorer to display and sort SGF game infos
- sgftocsv.py : Small script that reads out infos from sgf files in a directory recursively and generates a csv table (Comma Separated Values) which can be read by as good as all spreadsheet programs and can be imported into databases.
- SmartGo : Instant game filter, fuseki and joseki matching, free pattern matching.
- FusekiLibrary : A free opening library that uses pattern matching for instant search results.