Here are some sources of game records, of varying sizes and quality.
|Table of contents|
- BiGo - Roughly 2,500,000 games (as of September 2014). About 95,000 of them have a professional, the remaining are amateurs and bots. Subscriptions available for updates. Proprietary format with possibility of export to SGF.
- GoGoD - over 82,300 pro games (as of Winter 2014) all in sgf format. Prior to the Winter 2013 release, it also included a massive (hundreds of browser-ready pages) encyclopedia with player profiles, tournament info, Go history, and many other articles. GoGoD comes from John Fairbairn and, prior to his death, T Mark Hall. Previously shipped with Kombilo and other programs. SGF format.
- SmartGo - 60,144 professional games as of June 2013. Free updates to both program and database. Proprietary format, but individual games can be exported to SGF.
- GoBase.org (no longer being updated since 2009) - A searchable collection of 35,000 pro games, along with articles, biographies, and too many other features to list here. One of the definitive online Go resources. Non-commercial, limited downloading, paid registration required. SGF format.
- Go4Go - 46,000 pro games as of February 2015. Updated daily. All games freely viewable online. Limited downloading. For a small fee new games can be delivered through e-mail and the entire database may be downloaded. Also hosting an archive of commented games by Alexandre Dinerchtein. SGF format. Registration required.
- GoKifuCom - Rapidly growing sgf database,pro games are updated daily. Allow to store favorites, easy way to share in blogs,forums, print game records.
- Fuseki Info - Online version of BiGo Assistant Profi (about 100,000 pro games). Free account with database of >2 500 games. Premium account is commercial, yearly subscription.
- Fuseki Info for KGS Go Server - Online database of KGS Go Server games (77,000 strong ama games). Free.
- Go Game World - Over 1,000 commented pro games. Commercial, yearly subscription. Associated with weiqi.tom.com.
- Waltheri's go pattern search - position search in extensive database of pro games.
List of databases with commented games (most other databases contain games without comments)
- Go teaching ladder: free amateur games with commentaries
- Go game world: paid registration required. Professional games with comments from (other) professionals
- GoGameGuru : free commentary on professional games
See also: Commented Professional Games
- Andries Brouwer's collection - 11,111 pro games in SGF format. Public domain.
- Byheart - Around 1,500 pro games in SGF format. Complete games of Go Seigen, among others.
- Badukmovies - A collection of about 50k pro games in sgf format. This collection is in the public domain, use it however you want to.
- 70k SGF Game Records - Another public domain pro games collection: 35k games from the 21th century (up to July 2014), 27k from the 20th, and the rest is older or undated.
- DespreGo Not strictly a database, but contains a list of games played by top Romanian players
- Eidogo contains many game records, but not collected into a database format
- Flygo - In Chinese.
- Friday Night Files - Jan van Rongen's collections, 2,000+ pro games, mostly involving Cho Chikun or Yamashita Keigo.
- Josekipedia Contains a list of pro games which are entered by hand by readers
- Scryer's Yi Se-tol Site - Aims to collect the complete games of Yi Se-tol, with 368 games currently available. Part of Go4Go.
- Ulrich Goertz's SGF Game Records - High dan level amateur games from KGS, used with permission.
- Use this link to search the Google RGG archives for posted (sometimes commented) games : http://groups.google.com/groups?q=GM%5B1%5D+group:rec.games.go
- Qibago http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/qibago/cecf390b-311e-40f9-b870-f0cdcc53d94a : Windows Phone 8 free app containing more than 40,000 professional matches.
- Dariush : http://ricoh51.free.fr/indexeng.htm
- Deepthinkgohelper http://www.deepthinkgohelper.com Chinese program with 22,000 professional games.
- Drago : Windows freeware. Client to libkombilo library which provides all database features from Kombilo.
- Kombilo : Database software for studying saved games. Integrated in GoGoD and Drago.
- MasterGo : Search engine designed for joseki / fuseki study complete with a proprietary game database.
- SGF Shell Extension? http://www.gomasch.de/sgfshellex : Extension for MS-Explorer to display and sort SGF game infos
- sgftocsv.py : Small script that reads out infos from sgf files in a directory recursively and generates a csv table (Comma Separated Values) which can be read by as good as all spreadsheet programs and can be imported into databases.
- SmartGo : Instant game filter, fuseki and joseki matching, free pattern matching.
- FusekiLibrary : A free opening library that uses pattern matching for instant search results.