Planning the game
- Balanced positions - both opponents have about the same sure territory and approximately equal spheres of influence.
- Corners against frameworks.
- Thick but slow against thin but fast.
- Positions where one of the opponents has a weak group.
- Positions where both opponents have weak groups.
- Positions with multiple weak groups. Vulnerable to splitting attack or leaning attack.
- Add another type here.
Of course, tactics play a major role and you have to see those important points and weaknesses in the positions of your opponent. But, I believe there are several general ideas for each type of position. It would be helpful to develop the list of those ideas.