The book consists of three parts. The first part contains 36 games from seven-stone handicap games to even games. The second part is a short chapter on the author's understandings of go. The third part is the "Eighteen Games Commentated by Shi Xiangxia," an invaluable work by one of the greatest masters in ancient China that provides in-depth analysis of top-level games during Shi's time.
The cover image shows the self-commentated game of Shi Xiangxia (White) played against Liang Weijin (Black).
- Seven-Stone Handicap Games (Total 3 Games)
- Six-Stone Handicap Games (Total 4 Games)
- Five-Stone Handicap Games (Total 12 Games)
- Four-Stone Handicap Games (Total 4 Games)
- Three-Stone Handicap Games (Total 5 Games)
- Two-Stone Handicap Games (Total 4 Games)
- Even Games (Total 4 Games)
- Understandings (Total 10 Positions)
- Eighteen Games Commentated by Shi Xiangxia