Japanese Go Column URLs
BobMcGuigan: Here are the current (as of July 2005) web page URLs for the go columns of newspapers sponsoring the big titles in Japan:
- Kisei: http://kisei.yomiuri.co.jp/ (Japanese)
- Meijin: http://www.asahi.com/igo/ (Japanese)
- Honinbo: http://mainichi.jp/enta/igo/ (Japanese)
- Judan: http://sankei.jp.msn.com/culture/igo/igo.htm(Japanese)
- Tengen: http://www.nishinippon.co.jp/jigyou/2002jigyou/28tengen/ (Japanese)
- Oza: http://igooza.nikkei.co.jp/65th/5ban_03.htm (Japanese)
- Gosei: http://www.chugoku-np.co.jp/Igo (Japanese but does not specify character set) (Set page encoding to Japanese-Auto Select)
The "live" game presentations on some of these pages can be viewed if you have installed the Panda Egg IGS client. See UGF format. Others of these pages have Java applets that display games move by move.
Since the page title doesn't specifically limit us to big title sponsors...
- Go Weekly: http://www.nihonkiin.or.jp/pub/web_goweekly/index.htm - this site has one whole-board problem and one life-and-death problem each week. (Japanese)
- The Magic Of Go (Yomiuri Shimbun): https://web.archive.org/web/20130115092611/http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/dy/columns/0001/ (Archived by Wayback Machine, without diagrams. Refers to www.themagicofgo.com, but that appears not / no longer to exist.) (English) - Weekly column by Richard Bozulich and Rob van Zeijst, with many interesting articles, problems, tips... It's not the same as the Kisei link.