Get strong at the endgame / Errata
This errata refers to 'First Printing April 1997'.
- p3-9, page titles
- Wrong: Answers to Problems 1 to 42
- Right: Problems 1 to 42
- p105, problem 190
- The problem is missing the marked black stone. It shows up in the solution diagrams.
- p158, solution 18.
- The book says: If White 2 at 3, Black plays a, White b, Black 5, capturing five stones.
- White doesn't necessarily lose five stones: if she plays 4 here (Black can't descend), she captures a stone but loses 1 point of territory - and Black plays a and gains sente in comparison to the correct solution. This is the main line of White 2 and the real reason why White 2 is inferior.
- p168, second paragraph.
- Wrong: Matthew Macfadyen found an alternate answer which, instead of a being draw as was analyzed by Kano and given in his book, enables Black is able to win by one point. In Kano's original version, Black play 3 at 33, but Macfadyen showed that ...
- Right: Matthew Macfadyen found an alternate answer which, instead of being a draw, as was analyzed by Kano and given in his book, enables Black to win by one point. In Kano's original version, Black plays 3 at 33, but Macfadyen showed that ...