Database editing [#1858]
18.104.22.168: Database editing
(2009-06-05 19:14) [#6121]
I recently downloaded Drago and would like to know if there is anyway to edit any information at all in a database. Many thanks in advance.
: Re: Database editing
(2010-09-04 20:09) [#7970]
Very late answer. Sorry, I didn't see the post.
There is no way with Drago to modify an existing database. It is only possible to add new files.
However, being SQLite databases, the databases created by Drago, i.e. libkombilo, can be edited with one of the SQLite managers, for instance this addon for firefox.
Two things must be kept in mind:
- when modifying one of the game information, it is necessary to update it both in the sgf column and in the game information column.
- modifying the moves in the sgf column does not update the pattern search. With Drago, there is no Reprocess command (see next post) and it is necessary to rebuild the database.
(2010-09-03 10:58) [#7968]
- What does the 'Reprocess Database' actually do and mean?
- Is there a manual? (in PDF?) (I found the manual (not as PDF) under file:///C:/(...)/Program%20Files/kombilo05/doc/tutorial.html#firstsearch
- Is 1-click database search result exploration possible (as in kombilo?)
Many thanks for your super product!
: ((no subject))
(2010-09-04 19:35) [#7969]
* What does the 'Reprocess Database' actually do and mean?
This is a Kombilo command, not a Drago one. With Kombilo, it is possible to store sgf files outside the database. If one of the files change, it is necessary to update the database to avoid discrepancy.
* Is there a manual? (in PDF?) (I found the manual (not as PDF) under file:///C:/(...)/Program%20Files/kombilo05/doc/tutorial.html#firstsearch
This is the manual for kombilo. All Drago database commands are described in the help file (even available in German but not in PDF). The features of libkombilo are described there. This could give some light about what Drago does with the library.
* Is 1-click database search result exploration possible (as in kombilo?)
Unfortunately not. And this could be put at the top of the to do list.