I learned how to play Go in November of 2002. I am an advid game player, I also enjoy chess and poker. I play Go on KGS , IGS, DragonGoServer, ItsYourTurn.com , and ocasionally I play with the Go club at work. I am currently 13K on KGS and 22K on IGS. Look for me on the Go servers my nickname/handle is pompboy and say hello.
I have joined the 2007 AGA Shodan Challenge to help move me out of the double digit kyus. I have set the goal of 9 kyu by the end of 2007.
- The Second Book of Go
- Learn to Play Go Volume 1
- Learn to Play Go Volume 2
- Learn to Play Go Volume 3
- Learn to Play Go Volume 4
- Learn to Play Go Volume 5
- Graded Go Problems for Beginner's Volume 1
- Graded Go Problems for Beginner's Volume 2
Pro Players Games
- I am currently playing through games of Yamashita Keigo. I like his style and besides we share the same birthday, so I thought it might be fun to play through his games.
I still feel like I have no clue what I am doing, but, I do feel that my basic reading skills are improving with practice. I particularly feel at a loss in the opening and the early middle game. I still don't have a grasp for "Big" vs. "Urgent" moves and the correct direction of play.