SchlowGo is the club that meets at the public library in State College Pennsylvania.
Meetings are every Saturday afternoon from 1:30 until 4:30, in the Sun Room at Schlow Centre Region Library.
Persons of all ages are welcome, but we do ask that younger children be accompanied by an adult who is also interested in learning or playing go.
Anyone is welcome, absolute beginner and merely curious to skilled players. If you have never played before, just ask and someone will explain the rules, basic concepts, and get you started.
There are three full sized 19x19 boards, one 13x13 (on the back of one of the 19x19 boards) and two 9x9 paperboard boards, as well as four sets of stones. This equipment is also available at the reference desk for in library use whenever the library is open. Some regulars bring kits as well.
The library has a few go books available:
- Go : a complete introduction to the game / by Cho Chikun ; edited by Richard Bozulich.
- Lessons in the fundamentals of go / by Toshiro Kageyama ; translated by James Davies.
- Tesuji / by James Davies.
- 38 basic joseki / by Kiyoshi Kosugi and James Davies.
- In the beginning : the opening in the game of go / by Ikuro Ishigure.
There is also a copy of Shan Sa's very good novel, "The Girl who Played Go"
Contact information is as follows:
SchlowGo, the Schlow Library Go Club Schlow Centre Region Library 211 South Allen Street State College, PA 16801 (email@example.com)
Meetings are held Saturday afternoons 1:30 to 4:30, in the Sun Room.
(There is a web page, but it needs updating. The scheduling information here on SL is more current, and therefore accurate)