Hello, this is Terrence Brannon's page. I play on KGS, IGS, littlegolem, online-goserver, brainking and dragongoserver. In all cases, username is metaperl, so let's play sometime.
Here are my favorite pages:
Here are ones I wrote:
- RankingTheBigOpeningMoves -- Yang Yilun's superb guide on how to play the opening!
- Korean Baduk Terms - because I could not edit Korean Go Terms I need to keep my own list.
Many times people want to get better... here is the road to where I am now (12k on KGS):
- Kerwin's Road Map to 15k - the very first thing I used... and good basic material
- Terrence's Road Map to 17k - a chronicle of how I got to 17k
- Terrence's Road Map from 15k
- And we cannot forget TerrencesRoadMapTo13k
- And a special shout-out MUST be made to Bruce Wilcox... if you dont pay attention to anything else in terms of improving your game GET HIS MATERIAL - http://webpages.charter.net/suewilcox/
- And now for the latest update ... I'm ordering "Lessons in the Fundamentals of Go" and "1001 Life and Death Problems" and will be doing the L&D with GoGrinder.
- Printing out your games and taking them to a local Go club is also good... and godiscussions.com is great!
- Yang Yilun's book "Fundamental Principles of Go" has an excellent section entitled RankingTheBigOpeningMoves