Making Your Own Equipment
One of the beauties about Go is its simplicity. The rules and the material needed are simple.
Several discussions have been had on rec.games.go and in various woodworking newsgroups about the subject, and it is easy to get lost in all the details.
The aim of this path is to give an overview of the most important points.
- Equipment Dimensions
- Selecting the material
- Surface Finish
- Teaching Goban
- Caring for Go Stones
- Making a Go Set for Blind Players
- Goban Self Made by Kjeld Petersen
- KoshGobans by Kosh
- FuZZ/Gobans by Fuzz
- Halo5/Gobans by Halo5
- RobAnybody/FoldingGoban by RobAnybody
- Upgrade from .5in board to folding 2.5in table board with legs by HikaruUSA
- Made a 9x9 goban and mini shogiban and table to floor board adaptor by cinygmato
- Slotted Go Boards Young's gobans.
- David's instruction on how to make a goban: http://www.bamsoftware.com/go/board.html
Note: This is just a repost of my topic to a better spot Goban making ala CountDooku (18K KGS)
Due to the length of this topic, I've made a dedicated web page of it on archive of CountDooku's Geocities page
Any comments are gladly welcomed
With regards, CountDooku
Jerome : I'm the author of this page. I want to translate it in english, but I'm a bit lazy and lacks some technical vocabulary. Anyway, you can use everything in this page (texts and pictures) as you want (they're beer-licensed as everything should be ;).