孔杰(Kong3 Jie2), Chinese 9-dan professional. Born 25 November 1982. As of 2010 he is one of the strongest players in the world, holding several international titles: the LG Cup, Samsung Cup, and Fujitsu Cup.
Reached #1 in Chinese Ranking in 2003 (August), 2007 (August) and 2010 (April).
1P in 1994, 5P in 1999, 6P in 2001, 7P in 2002. Promoted 9 dan on 2009-06-11 (beating Lee Sedol, reached the final of the 21th Asian TV Cup. Under the Chinese rules, a player is promoted to 9 dan reaching two finals in international titles).
- 2001: 34th National Go Individual
- 2003: 36th National Go Individual
- 2003: 3rd Liguang Cup (d. Liu Xing)
- 2003: 10th Xinrenwang (d. Hu Yaoyu 7 dan 2-0)
- 2004: 2nd Weifufang (d. Zhou Heyang)
- 2005: 1st Changqi (d. Wang Lei Sr. 8 dan 2-1)
- 2007: 3rd Changqi (d. Gu Li 9 dan 2-1)
- 2009: 21th CCTV Cup (d. Zhou Heyang)
- 2009: 21th Asian TV Cup (d. Lee Sedol)
- 2009: 14th Samsung Cup (d. Qiu Jun 8 dan 2-0)
- 2009: 5th Weifufang (d. Chen Yaoye)
- 2010: 14th LG Cup (d. Lee Changho 2-0)
- 2010: 10th Liguang Cup (d. Xie He)
- 2010: 22nd Asian TV Cup (d. Yuki Satoshi)
- 2010: 23rd Fujitsu Cup (d. Yi Se-tol)
- 2011: 23rd Asian TV Cup (d.Baek Hongsuk)
Kong Jie won also two obsolete Chinese titles and one international unofficial match. He is also the winner of the National Sports Meeting in 2000.
- Kong Jie's weibo: http://t.sina.com.cn/kjaixy (In Chinese)
- Go4Go interview
- GoBase player page
- GoGameWorld player page