A corner approach is a move played as an approach to a single opposing stone in the corner. here is such a move.
The Japanese go term that describes a corner appoach is kakari, and is adopted by the English-speaking go community.
- How to respond to an approach
- One space low corner approach = keima kakari
- One-space high approach = ikken takagakari
- Distant low approach = ogeima takagakari
- Two-space or distant high approach = niken takagakari
- Skirt approach = Susogakari
- Double corner approach = ryo? gakari
- Corner enclosure = Shimari
- Approach from the wider side