Under the Stones
A play under the stones (Japanese: ishi-no-shita) is a play in a space which has become free because some of your own stones have been captured.
There are some spectacular tesuji where you plan to do this, losing stones deliberately, and carry that out unexpectedly.
- Under The Stones Sacrifice Shape List
- Sacrifice Shapes which lead to the Under The Stones Tesuji
- Example 1
- Example 2
- Three points without capturing and Five points without capturing
- In the 20th Meijin between Kobayashi Koichi and Takemiya Masaki this tesuji was threatened and enabled Takemiya to win a ko: http://gobase.org/games/japan/titles/meijin/20/game-3.sgf
- Alternative URL of above game (no login required): http://www.go4go.net/go/games/sgfview/9354
- Under The Stones Problems
- BQM 1
- Snapback Problem 16
- Completely Artificial Problem
- Biggest Known Eye Space for which there is a Nakade