Hwang In-seong is an 8 dan (EGF) amateur player, and former yeongusaeng. He was active as a game commentator on Baduk TV. He stayed in Germany in 2005/2006 and returned in 2009 after finishing his military service. He placed second in the 2009 European Go Congress (he was even with the tournament winner after the first tie-breaker).
Since spring 2011 Hwang In-seong is the official teacher of the Swiss Go Association and teaches in Zurich, Lausanne, Geneva Go Club. In 2014 he moved to Grenoble, France becoming official teacher of the French go federation besides Fan Hui.
Hwang In-seong's online School Yunguseng Dojang was founded in 2011, he added an american section in 2014. In the european yunguseng dojang there are over 60 active players, in the american counterpart around 30 and included with the non playing participants there are over 100. Oh Chi-min, Lee Seung-hyun and Kim Young-Sam joined the School as sub-teachers helping to get every game played reviewed.
- EGD player card
- Article on Wbaduk Become an Official Baduk Instructor in Switzerland 2011
- Interview for GoSensations 2009
- German language wikipage about him 2009
- Interview on Tygem.com in 2006, German translation
- 1996-2001 Korean Yunguseng (insei)
- 2002 Entered Myoung-ji university at the Baduk department
- 2003 Started to work as TV commentator on the Korean Baduk TV (still active).
- 2005-2006 stayed in Germany, Berlin as a Baduk teacher. at the mean time, attended 14 tournaments, won 10 times, 2nd place 3 times.
- 2009-present stays in Germany (Berlin, Frankfurt), Switzerland (Zürich) as a Baduk Teacher at the mean time, Attended 26 tournaments, won 15 times, 2nd place 7 times.
Tournament results in Korea (2001~2005)
- 2001 Cyber ama Kuksu, 2nd place
- 2002 Asian baduk championship (team tournament), 1st place
- 2002 Michuhol cup, 3rd place
- 2002 Asian university championship, 2nd place
- 2003 Korean Amateur Baduk Association president cup, 2nd place
- 2003 Korean university cup, 2nd place
- 2003 Ji-song cup (Baduk TV tournament), 2nd place
- 2003 Korean Sport olympiad, bronze medal
- 2004 Korean Defence newspaper cup, top 4
- 2004 Samsung cup amateur section top 4, after that played in the preliminary section with professionals, won the first round and lost in the 2nd round
- 2005 Korean Yahoo cup, 2nd place
Tournament results in Europe (2005~2006, 2009~2013)
- 2005 Berlin Kranich 1st place.
- 2006 Hamburg Affensprung 1st place.
- 2006 Pandanet tour Barcelona, Hungary, Dublin 1st place.
- 2009 Pandanet tour Dublin, Brno, Pardubice 1st place.
- 2009 European Go chanpionship (EGC) 2nd place.
- 2009~2010 Berlin "Go to innovation" 1st place 4times in a row.
- 2010 Shusaku cup 1st place.
- 2010 Hamburg Affensprung, Mausefalle 1st place.
- 2010 Berlin Kranich 1st place.
- 2011 Berlin Go to innovation 1st place (6 times in a row)
- 2012 Barcelona Go seigen 1st place
- 2012 Shusaku cup 1st place
- 2013 Berlin Go to innovation 1st place
Total: Attended 48 tournaments, won 31 times, 2nd place 12 times.