Swiveling around in the wonderfull world of Go... I always hope to start to learn the game seriously, but I never find the time....
Hi Gerhard You can turn "Don't make unnecessary moves" into "Play all moves with a reason". Looking at your graph you're still improving quite fast :) Kosh
These are all quite trivial, but they have helped me a lot
- realising that you need to control 3 corner points around a diamond shape to make sure the eye is real
- I learned the eye-stealing tesuji
- play the big moves first
- don't make unnecessary moves?.
15/03/2004 I improve really slowly (I only play one or two games a week) but at the moment I start to get a feeling for the 'important' moves if I have to tenuki after a fight is over. Also the importance of the first 20 moves of the game slowly starts to overwhelm me. I have to start reading books about this...
19/03/2004 The "don't make unnecessary moves" principles sometimes gives a nice victory, but also leads to great losses. I still have to find a balance in leaving a fight and keeping on securing my groups
- That large group must be alive! (and dies within 2 moves... )
- Spending 5 minutes to read out a sequence in the corner, deciding that playing there won't have the desired effect and place my stone within 10 seconds on a rather arbitrary point.
- Thinking that my almost secured territory is already my territory